CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

A day at the pool!! Both good and bad!!

Today Chelsey, me and my kids went to the pool!! My friend Erika that I met on Cafemom's also came with her little boy Devon and her baby girl Peyton!! It started out as a really fun day out and about... first we stopped at Old Navy for Erika to buy her kids each swimming suits, which if you know me, Old Navy is one of my favorite places to shop!! Then we went to Smith's Marketplace to get some sandwiches, sunscreen and swimming diapers!! Now we were off to the Aquatic Center here in Logan with a couple of very excited boys!! We get there and unload and go to pay and see this sign... Now by state law all children ages 3 and under are required to wear swimming diapers (DUH) and also diaper covers... so I am thinking we are still okay because they have swimming suits... NOT!! So then we are informed that for our kids to be allowed to swim in the pool, we have to pay $8 for a reusable "diaper cover" which is actually a cheap looking swimming suit with a terry cloth inside!! We start questioning them as to why, when Brayden's swimming suit has a net type diaper built into the swimming suit and they basically say if we don't buy their suit then they don't swim!! By now the boys are pulling on our legs begging to get inside so I walk back to my car to get wallet, buy the darn ugly thing and get the boys inside to swim. Luckily I was smart enough to not buy one for Riley who was asleep at this point and wouldn't be in the water very long anyways. So as me and Erika are sitting there watching our boys play in the water, we look around and see a bunch of other kids the same age with no special "diaper covers" on!!!! Seriously are kids were the only ones!!! Not to mention when Brayden got in with his favorite arm "floaties" on, they made me take them off him because they said they aren't SAFETY CERTIFIED!!! He's in the freakin' kiddie pool!! And to make matters worse, Brayden wanted to test his boundaries and went to the other side of the pool from where we were sitting. Of course its just a little to deep for him and he starts going under and trying to get above water... By this time I am running as fast as I can in the water to get to my drowning child... with a life guard right by him just watching me, who waits until right before I get to him to finally jump in and help my son!!!!! So now I look like the stupid parent and she's the hero right!! Later they come over to get Brayden's name to have on file because a life guard jumped in... WEll anyways, now that I've got that all off my chest I can talk about the fun parts of the day!! Brayden and Devon had a really fun time slashing around together for a couple of hours and Riley handled the water pretty well after she got use to it (it was her first time swimming)!! She was actually laughing and smiling!! She loved Peyton and gave her tons of kisses...she's really starting to love babies!! And we had a nice lunch together and some cute pictures of the kids (including the ones where they had matching dino bums)!! I loved talking with Erika while our kids played, she's a doll and its been fun getting to know her more!! Sorry this was kinda long, it was a long day with a lot of ups and downs in it!!

1 comments:

The Dixon Family! said...

Cuteness! Even if it was full of drama. They all look adorable. :) And yay for making a friend that has a boy that's Brayden's age! Now he doesn't have to always play with kitchen stuff and dress ups. haha Kynzee's going to be so disappointed when she comes back. Brayden was the best house-wife she'd ever had. haha Kidding! LOVE Riley's swimming suit! :)